Miketsukuni Wakasa Obama Food Culture Museum (Traditional Hands-on Experience: Wakasa Lacquered Chopsticks)
Obama City, Fukui Pref.
Some 80% of all lacquered chopsticks produced in Japan are Wakasa Lacquered Chopsticks. Here, visitors can see demonstrations by traditional artisans, and try making their own lacquered chopsticks by themselves. By polishing away from the layers of clamshell and eggshell embedded in the lacquer, each pair of chopsticks ends up with its own unique design.
- Approx. 60 min. from JR Tsuruga Sta. to JR Obama Sta., approx. 20 min. walk
- 3-4 Kawasaki, Obama City, Fukui
- 8:00-17:00 (close at 16:30 Nov.1 to end of Feb.) (last admission is: 30 min. before of close)
- Wed. (open if Wednesday is a holiday), Dec.28-Jan.5
- Hands-on experiences: 700 yen and up
- Tel No.
- Fee / Price